跳至主要内容

《Becoming Steve Jobs》Chapter 17 “Just Tell Them I’m Being an Asshole”


  • For several months, I had been working to set up a joint interview of Steve, Andy Grove, Bill Gates, and Michael Dell. The confab was supposed to kick off the reporting for a book I had in mind. I had what I thought was a snappy title—Founders Keepers—and a plan to describe how a handful of geeky entrepreneurs had evolved into captains of industry; how self-absorbed inventors morphed into self-taught empire builders; how shaggy-haired idealists managed to stay in the saddle even as the companies they created grew rapidly by orders of magnitude, and as their own wealth and influence over the world itself became far more than the stuff of dreams.
    好可惜啊,这次采访没有成形

  • During this time, Steve came to visit me in the hospital a couple of times. I was so addled with sedatives and painkillers and my own delirious hallucinations that during one visit I expressed my sincerest regrets at not being able to play saxophone in a Beatles retrospective show he was planning to put on in Las Vegas with Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney. Somehow I had thought he had taken up guitar in order to play the part of John Lennon himself, and he had asked me to be part of the backup band. Unfortunately, I explained to Steve, with my new hearing-loss problem, I’d never be able to pull it off. Apparently, Steve and my wife, Lorna, had a good laugh. At least that’s what she told me later when I had regained my senses. She also said that before leaving, he said, “I’ve told them to give you the VIP treatment here. Call me if you need anything.”

  • Despite having no interest in working with me on magazine articles, Steve seemed genuinely curious about the book idea. He and I had discussed the project a few times, and in the spring of 2008 I told him I wanted to set up a roundtable discussion of around eight founders, as the centerpiece of my reporting. “That’s way too many people,” he snorted. “Everybody will want their camera time, and nobody will say much of anything honest or real.” Instead, he suggested, “Focus your book on the emergence of the PC. There are four of us, really. Me, Bill, Andy [Grove], and Michael [Dell]. Get us together and we’ll have a good discussion. It will be more focused. We know each other’s weaknesses and strengths. It will make a much better story for you to tell, and we’ll all have to be more honest.”
    好有意思,哈哈哈

  • He even offered to help me wrangle the other three, although I told him I didn’t think that was necessary. Just being able to tell them that Steve wanted to do it was enough to get them to readily buy in to the idea. Announcing Steve’s involvement was like waving a magic wand. I got immediate responses from the other three, despite their very tight schedules.
    为何乔布斯有如此高的号召力,哈哈哈

  • “I have to tell you, Brent, my health has really gone downhill. I can’t put on any weight. You know me, I’m a vegan, and I’ve even started getting chocolate milk shakes now, eating cheese, anything. But I keep wasting away. You wouldn’t want to see me like this. The others wouldn’t, either. Laurene says I can’t wait any longer. I have to deal with this. And she’s right.”

  • “Whatever it is, I have to drop everything else and figure it out now. It has to be my only priority. I owe it to my family. I haven’t even told the board or Tim and the others this yet, but I am going to have to take another medical leave. MacWorld is coming up, so I have to announce it before then, because I don’t think I can do that, either.”

  • Then his tone changed. “I’ve always told you what was happening with my health, because you can relate. So I’m sure you know you can’t tell anyone else about this. It’s just between you and me. That’s why I called. Because I wanted to tell you myself. I wanted you to know that I really wanted to do this with you, too. But I just can’t.”

  • At first Steve didn’t answer. Then, after a few beats, with a mordant giggle, he said, “Just tell them I’m being an asshole. That’s what they’ll probably be thinking, anyway, so why not just say it?”
    I was dumbfounded. “Do you really want me to say that?” I replied, thinking that none of them would buy it for a minute. They knew that Steve wouldn’t have put me up to the whole roundtable thing, only to back out. He could be a jerk, but he wasn’t an asshole. “All I ask is that you just don’t tell them the real reason. Not yet.”

  • I didn’t tell Michael or Andy or Bill anything other than that Steve had to cancel because of a personal conflict that had come up. A month or so later, after Apple had announced Steve’s medical leave for “complex” health-related issues, I saw Bill at his office in Kirkland, Washington. He told me he wanted to get in touch with Steve and wasn’t sure of the best means. It had been a long time since they had spoken. I gave him Steve’s home phone number and his cellphone number, and also the email address and phone number of his assistant Lanita, but not before relating the story of the “asshole” excuse Steve had suggested. Bill loves a smart riposte as much as anyone, so we had a good laugh.
    虽然商业上竞争,但盖茨还是非常敬佩乔布斯这位对手

  • And there, sitting alone with him in the bedroom of the Palo Alto house, Tim began to offer his liver to Steve. “I really wanted him to do it,” he remembers. “He cut me off at the legs, almost before the words were out of my mouth. ‘No,’ he said. ‘I’ll never let you do that. I’ll never do that!’ ”

  • “Somebody that’s selfish,” Cook continues, “doesn’t reply like that. I mean, here’s a guy, he’s dying, he’s very close to death because of his liver issue, and here’s someone healthy offering a way out. I said, ‘Steve, I’m perfectly healthy, I’ve been checked out. Here’s the medical report. I can do this and I’m not putting myself at risk, I’ll be fine.’ And he doesn’t even think about it. It was not, ‘Are you sure you want to do this?’ It was not, ‘I’ll think about it.’ It was not, ‘Oh, the condition I’m in …’ It was, ‘No, I’m not doing that!’ He kind of popped up in bed and said that. And this was during a time when things were just terrible. Steve only yelled at me four or five times during the thirteen years I knew him, and this was one of them.”
    慢慢才会懂得,为何乔布斯选择Tim Cook来接班

  • “This picture of him isn’t understood,” says Cook. “I thought the [Walter] Isaacson book did him a tremendous disservice. It was just a rehash of a bunch of stuff that had already been written, and focused on small parts of his personality. You get the feeling that [Steve’s] a greedy, selfish egomaniac. It didn’t capture the person. The person I read about there is somebody I would never have wanted to work with over all this time. Life is too short.” In saying this, Cook echoed the feeling of many of Steve’s close friends—in interview after interview, they complained that very little of what has been published offers any sense of why they would have worked so long and so hard for Steve. Those former employees share another common thread, too: the idea that they did the very best work of their lives for Steve.

  • “Steve cared,” Cook continues. “He cared deeply about things. Yes, he was very passionate about things, and he wanted things to be perfect. And that was what was great about him. He wanted everyone to do their best work. He believed that small teams were better than large teams, because you could get a lot more done. And he believed that picking the right person was a hundred times better than picking somebody who was a little short of being right. All of those things are really true. A lot of people mistook that passion for arrogance. He wasn’t a saint. I’m not saying that. None of us are. But it’s emphatically untrue that he wasn’t a great human being, and that is totally not understood.

  • “The Steve that I met in early ’98 was brash and confident and passionate and all of those things. But there was a soft side of him as well, and that soft side became a larger portion of him over the next thirteen years. You’d see that show up in different ways. There were different employees and spouses here that had health issues, and he would go out of his way to turn heaven and earth to make sure they had proper medical attention. He did that in a major way, not in a minor, ‘Call me and get back to me if you need my help’ kind of way.
    “He had the courage to admit he was wrong, and to change, a quality which many people at that level, who have accomplished that much, lack. You don’t see many people at that level who will change directions even though they should. He wasn’t beholden to anything except a set of core values. Anything else he could walk away from. He could do it faster than anyone I’d ever seen before. It was an absolute gift. He always changed. Steve had this ability to go through a learning curve quickly, more quickly than anybody I’ve known, about such a wide variety of things.

  • “The Steve I knew was the guy pestering me to have a social life, not because he was being a pest, but because he knew how important family was in his life, and he wanted it for me, too,” continues Cook, who came out publicly as a gay man in 2014. (Steve and others at the company had known this for years, of course.) “One day he calls my mom—he doesn’t even know my mom, she lives in Alabama. He said he was looking for me, but he knows how to find me! And he talked to her about me. There are lots of these things where you saw the very soft or caring or feeling or whatever you want to call it side of him. He had that gene. Someone who’s viewing life only as a transactional relationship with people … doesn’t do that.”

  • He and Laurene remained in Memphis for two excruciating months, during which things were so touch-and-go that relatives and close friends such as Jony Ive, Mona Simpson, Steve’s lawyer George Riley, and others came to visit and perhaps say goodbye to him. Ive even brought a special present from the Apple design team—a meticulous miniature aluminum replica of the Macbook Pro that would ship in June. The designers had made these nano-models for Steve after every product release. Given the circumstances, this one was special.
    看着生命的消逝,好忧伤

  • Steve survived, of course. He later told Bob Iger that he had considered leaving Apple after the operation, to spend more time with his children at home. But, as Eddy Cue says, “Steve really just had two things he cared about in his life, Apple—and to some extent, Pixar—and his family.” He needed both. He returned to work, and just as he had after his 2004 operation, he did so with vigor. He had a new milestone he wanted to achieve before he died: the introduction of the iPad.

  • By doing so, he ensured that Apple’s tablet device would be a line extension of the iPhone; when his team turned to building the iPad, they maximized an iPhone, rather than opt to minimize an iMac. That meant using ARM-based microprocessors, which are common in smartphones, rather than the more power-hungry Intel chips that drive many computers. That meant adopting the iPhone’s multi-touch screen and virtual keyboard. Perhaps most important of all—and most ironic, given Steve’s initial resistance—the iPad would benefit enormously from the iTunes App Store. The iPad gave software developers a much more powerful target to shoot for than the iPhone, mainly because the larger screen made it possible and practical to do some really cool things that you could not do on a pocket-sized device. Often sold at the same low price points as iPhone apps, these cool new iPad apps seemed like an even better deal as they exploded on those bigger screens. The iPad multiplied the importance of the App Store, and the influence of the new market and business model for software that it had created.

  • With the one-two punch of the iPhone and the iPad, Apple had completely reshaped the business of making and selling consumer software. Where once upon a time developers had to price their software applications so that they might make a profit from the sale of a few thousand copies, they now could sell into a market of hundreds of millions of people. This tremendous opportunity has led to all kinds of developments that never would have even had a glimmer of a chance in a smaller market. Name what you want to do now, and there is probably an app (or two or three or ten) for that. That wasn’t true in the PC world, because the price points necessary to achieve profitability on a much smaller volume of sales were simply too high.

  • Looked at in the context of Steve’s career as a technologist, the iPad is not as significant a product as the iPhone. But in some ways, it is the most elegant evocation of some of his enduring goals: to create technology that is a window into the limitless world of information, and to create technology that is so simple and so powerful that it basically disappears. His sense of those essential goals is what distinguished him from the more tech-savvy hobbyists back at the start of his career. His restless desire to reach that goal had betrayed him more than once, causing him to try to leap before the technology was ready even to walk. But by the time he and his team got around to creating the iPad, he had learned enough, finally, to make the technology essentially invisible. A true artist, he’d finally hidden all evidence of his labor.

  • There was something elegiac about all this, even though Steve often used the first moments of a presentation to update the crowd on Apple. This, after all, was a recitation of the story of his professional life. And the sentimental nature of the event grew when, after a dozen or so minutes, Steve sat down in the leather love seat to demonstrate how easy it was to use an iPad. This was, of course, a concession to his weakened state of health. But it served the product, too. He leaned back, and navigated through a series of things you could do with your fingers on the iPad: send email, surf the Web, open up apps that let you listen to music, watch videos on YouTube, or even make “digital” finger paintings. “It’s so much more intimate than a laptop,” he stated, with great satisfaction. His every move was projected on the big screen. Like every other presentation he had ever given, this one was staged with a clear intention: to show that this device was actually an invitation to a new kind of computing, something so natural and relaxed that it would slip right into your daily life with unimaginable ease.

  • Bob Iger was aware of it. As Iger had expected, Steve had been a meaningful and yet unthreatening member of the Disney board ever since the Pixar sale in 2006. His relationship with Iger had become so strong that Steve had wanted Iger to join the Apple board, which Iger couldn’t do for fiduciary reasons. In fact, because of their friendship, Iger also turned down an invitation from Sergey Brin, Larry Page, and Eric Schmidt to be on Google’s board. “He told me he’d be jealous,” says Iger, with a wistful grin, although given how Apple’s relationship with Google eventually disintegrated, there was likely more to Steve’s reluctance than mere envy.

  • “I was at the Four Seasons, and he was at Kona Village. We’d walk together a lot. He had a daily walk that ended at the Four Seasons. We would walk and he’d try to convince me of stuff like, say, that white pineapple is better than yellow pineapple. And we’d sit on benches, and talk about music and the world. That’s where I told him the exciting news that we were looking to build a resort in Hawaii, a nine-hundred-million-dollar resort. I could tell he didn’t like the idea. I said, ‘Why not?’ He said it wasn’t a big enough idea. I said, ‘Nine hundred million dollars, Disney comes to Hawaii, that’s not a big idea? What’s a big idea in your mind?’ He said, ‘Buy Lanai’ [a small island in the state that was eventually purchased by Larry Ellison]. He thought we should build a theme park on the island, have all the visitors brought there by a special Disney transportation service. It was totally impractical.”
    又想起了那句,People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.

  • Most often, the two would meet in Burbank, when Steve came down to Disney headquarters for board meetings. Even though Iger was not on the Apple board (he would join it after Steve’s death), Steve would seek his advice about things going on at the company, and walk him through Jony Ive’s design lab whenever he came up to Cupertino. “We would stand at a whiteboard brainstorming,” remembers Iger. “We talked about buying companies. We talked about buying Yahoo! together.” By the time the Disney board meetings came around, Steve had usually been fully briefed by Iger. “We saw eye to eye on most things,” says Iger. “It wasn’t anything preplanned, but when Steve opined, the board generally listened.”
    乔布斯发言的时候,其它人要好好听

  • That wasn’t true on everything, but Steve voiced his disagreements in a forceful but civil fashion. Steve hated stock buybacks, when companies purchase their own shares on the public market—a move that is supposed to be both a good investment for the company and a signal of its confidence to big investors. He made a strong case against it at one board meeting, but the company proceeded nonetheless. On the other hand, when Disney was about to enter a joint venture with Carnival Cruise Lines because Iger didn’t think he could get the board’s support to build two new, billion-dollar cruise ships, Steve passionately urged him, and eventually the board, to have Disney build the ships itself. “If this is a good business,” he said, “why are you going to put your brand in someone else’s hands?” Disney built the two new ships on its own.

  • Steve also helped with Disney’s retail business. In 2008, the company had bought back its stores, after having licensed them to outside operators for years. When the new head of retail first pitched the board on his plans, Steve, who always sat next to Iger, grew restless and started rolling his eyes. At one point during the presentation he just burst out, muttering “Bullshit!” in a way that everyone could hear. Iger kicked him in the shins to try to get him to muzzle himself. Once the presentation had ended, Steve asked the executive two simple questions: “What message are you sending to your customer when they walk through the door? What statement are you making?”
    好真实,哈哈哈,一点没变

  • “The guy couldn’t answer the questions,” remembers Iger. “There was silence in the room.” Afterward, Steve told Iger he should fire the executive immediately. But Iger didn’t. “Steve was quick to judge people. That was a fault,” says Iger. “If he got better on that, it wasn’t something I saw. I always found that a shortcoming. I’d say to him, ‘First of all, I haven’t decided about the person, so you’ve got to give me a chance to form my own opinion.’ Or I’d tell him, ‘You’re just flat-out wrong about this person.’ In some cases he was proved right, and in others I was. Either way, I never got an ‘I told you so’ from him.”
    论高管内心的阴影,哈哈哈

  • A few weeks later, Iger brought the retail chief and a couple of others up to Cupertino for a daylong brainstorming session with Steve and Apple retail chief Ron Johnson. “He didn’t redesign our stores,” says Iger. “He didn’t even set foot in them, as far as I know. But he did give us a full day of his time, and they helped us come up with a guiding statement about the stores: This is going to be the best twenty or thirty minutes of your kid’s day.”
    传达的精神,非常重要

  • Iger remembers the night when it really hit him that Steve was going to pass away, during a 2010 dinner at his home with his wife, Steve, and Laurene. “We all kind of knew there was an inevitability to him dying, not that any of us was willing to truly accept it, believe it, or articulate it,” Iger recalls. “But it was pretty evident. Steve made a toast that night. He said, ‘The two of us did an unbelievable thing, didn’t we? We saved Disney and we saved Pixar.’ He thought that being part of Disney had breathed a whole new life into Pixar. And clearly, Disney has never been the same since. Tears came to his eyes. Our wives had a hard time maintaining dry eyes. It was one of those moments: ‘Hey, look at what we did, my goodness! Wasn’t that cool, wasn’t that really special?’ ”
    隔着屏幕都感受到忧伤

  • At Apple, Steve still did everything he could to have people treat him as if he were not sick. “He was working his ass off till the end, in pain,” remembers Eddy Cue. “You could see it in the meetings, he was taking morphine and you could see he was in pain, but he was still interested.”

  • He did make some adjustments upon his return, most of which were simply extensions of the shifts in priority he’d made after his 2004 operation. He focused on the parts of the ongoing business he cared about most—marketing, design, and the product introductions—and he started to take active steps to ensure that he would leave Apple in good shape after his death. This was a process that had started earlier—Tim Cook says that Steve started thinking of succession and the post-Steve era of the company back in 2004—but everything accelerated now.
    策划了将近10年的接班计划,非常了不起

  • He spent some of his time working with Joel Podolny, a professor he had hired away from the Yale School of Management, to develop the curriculum for an executive education program he wanted to create called Apple University. Unlike Pixar University, where all employees can choose from a range of eclectic courses that instruct them in creative arts and skills employed by others at the studio, Apple U. is designed as a place where future leaders of the company can review and dissect momentous decisions in the company’s history. It’s an attempt to reverse-engineer, and then bottle, Steve’s decision-making process, and to pass on his aesthetics and marketing methodologies to Apple’s next generation. “Steve cared deeply about the why,” says Cook. “The why of the decision. In the younger days I would see him just do something. But as the days went on he would spend more time with me and with other people explaining why he thought or did something, or why he looked at something in a certain way. This was why he came up with Apple U., so we could train and educate the next generation of leaders by teaching them all we had been through, and how we had made the terrible decisions we made and also how we made the really good ones.”
    非常非常棒,相当于让后来者,也能有一个更高的视角,避免再次犯错

  • “I think we have a shot,” Steve told the Cupertino City Council, “at building the best office building in the world.”
    乔布斯确实做到了,在他经手的每一件重要事情上,他都做到了最好

  • Steve’s approach to the creation of the campus was driven by the same principles as always. What kind of design would make the new headquarters complex the ideal place for Apple to create its own future? The closer you could get to that ideal, the better for Apple. He wanted to do everything he could to ensure that Apple would remain what he believed it had become—the most important, most vital, and most creative industrial company in the world. “Steve wanted people to love Apple,” says Cook, “not just work for Apple, but really love Apple, and really understand at a very deep level what Apple was about, about the values of the company. He didn’t write them on the walls and make posters out of them anymore, but he wanted people to understand them. He wanted people to work for a greater cause.”

  • “This was a significant common thread we had,” says Cook. “I really love Apple, and I do think Apple is here for a bigger reason. There are very few companies like that on the face of the earth anymore.”

  • “We had to go to his house when he was sick, because he wasn’t coming in,” says Clow. “But he had the same kind of laser-intense focus. He wanted to talk about the ad or the product or whatever we were doing.” With Clow, Steve didn’t spend much time looking back, or looking into dark corners of the future. “To the end, he tried to will that it [his death] wasn’t going to happen, that he was going to somehow keep going. He really didn’t want to dwell on that.”

  • They worked hard on that introductory iPad 2 ad. Its stentorian tone and poetic language would bear a striking resemblance to the “Think Different” campaign that signaled the beginning of Apple’s miraculous turnaround after Steve had returned to Cupertino. “This is what we believe, that technology alone is not enough,” were the words they settled on. “Faster, thinner, lighter, those are all good things. But when technology gets out of the way everything becomes more delightful, even magical. That’s when you leap forward, that’s when you end up with something like this.” The words accompanied a video showing a single finger manipulating iPad apps with casual ease. “It was the last thing that he blessed as the message that should go out for that particular product,” remembers Clow, “and it came off of Steve’s vision very clearly. It summed up his vision from day one that somehow technology should change people’s lives and make them better. It should be something that everyone uses.”

  • When Steve presented his plans for the ambitious new Apple corporate campus to the Cupertino City Council on June 7, he was visibly hurting, and his voice was weak. Steve seemed to know that it was his last big contribution to the company, and to the community it had always called home. So he steeled himself to spend fifteen minutes walking the council members through the proposal for the building, and about five minutes answering questions. When one councilwoman tried to joke with him that perhaps the city should get free Wi-Fi in return for approving the move, Steve said, “Well, you know, I’m kind of old-fashioned. I believe that we pay taxes, and that the city then gives us services.”

  • “Steve and I will always get more credit than we deserve, because otherwise the story’s too complicated,” Gates says. “I mean, yes, Steve did brilliant work, and if you had to say—you know, leave me out of it—one person who had the most impact on the personal computer industry, particularly from where we sit now, you’d pick Steve Jobs. That’s fair. But the difference between him and the next thousand isn’t like, you know, God was born and he came down from the hill with the tablet.” The two had developed a friendship and a sense of mutual respect despite their differences. “There was none of that need to put the other person down that afternoon,” says Gates. “We just talked about the things we’d done, and where we thought things were headed.” Gates wrote him a final, personal letter just weeks before his death.
    对手间的惺惺相惜

  • “Steve had been close to the first group,” says Laurene, referring to the team with Fred Anderson, Avie Tevanian, and Jon Rubinstein that had saved Apple with Steve, “but he loved the last group. I think it was because of the amazing, amazing work they did together.”

  • On August 11, a Sunday, Steve called Tim Cook and asked him to come over to the house. “He said, ‘I want to talk to you about something,’ ” remembers Cook. “This was when he was home all the time, and I asked when, and he said, ‘Now.’ So I came right over. He told me he had decided that I should be CEO. I thought then that he thought he was going to live a lot longer when he said this, because we got into a whole level of discussion about what would it mean for me to be CEO with him as a chairman. I asked him, ‘What do you really not want to do that you’re doing?’
    “It was an interesting conversation,” Cook says, with a wistful laugh. “He says, ‘You make all the decisions.’ I go, ‘Wait. Let me ask you a question.’ I tried to pick something that would incite him. So I said, ‘You mean that if I review an ad and I like it, it should just run without your okay?’ And he laughed, and said, ‘Well, I hope you’d at least ask me!’ I asked him two or three times, ‘Are you sure you want to do this?’ because I saw him getting better at that point in time. I went over there often during the week, and sometimes on the weekends. Every time I saw him he seemed to be getting better. He felt that way as well. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out that way.”
    突然开始明白,为何乔布斯如此注重广告,注重品牌

  • Cook had been the obvious candidate for years. He had already run the company twice, during Steve’s medical leaves in 2004 and 2009. And Steve preferred an internal replacement. “If you believe that it’s important to understand Apple’s culture deeply, you wind up clicking to an internal candidate,” explains Cook. “If I were leaving this afternoon I’d recommend an inside candidate, because I don’t think there’s any way somebody could come in and understand the complexity of what we do and really get the culture in that deep way. And I think Steve knew that it also needed to be somebody that believed in the Beatles concept. Apple would not be served well to have a CEO that wanted to, or felt like they needed to, replace him precisely. I don’t think there is such a person, but you could envision people trying. He knew that I would never be so dumb as to do that, or even feel that I needed to do that.”
    其实这个道理,和日本非常谨慎外来移民,是一样的道理
    文化不是一天两天的,需要内心深深理解与认知

  • Steve had discussed the subject with Cook for years, so none of this came as a surprise. And they had talked often about the fate of Apple after Steve’s death. As Cook puts it, “He didn’t want us asking, ‘What would Steve do?’ He abhorred the way the Disney culture stagnated after Walt Disney’s death, and he was determined for that not to happen at Apple.”
    创始人的余晖还能再支持多少年?

  • Eight weeks after Steve told Cook he was making him CEO, things took a sudden turn for the worse. “I watched a movie with him the Friday before he passed away,” Cook remembers. “We watched Remember the Titans [a sentimental football story about an underdog]. I was so surprised he wanted to watch that movie. I was like, Are you sure? Steve was not interested in sports at all. And we watched and we talked about a number of things and I left thinking that he was pretty happy. And then all of a sudden things went to hell that weekend.”

  • John Lasseter got a call from Laurene, who told him he should come quickly for one last visit. “We just hung out in that study they had turned into a bedroom for him. We talked all about Pixar, all the things at Disney, and stuff like that. And then I kinda looked at him and he said, ‘Yeah I need to get a nap now.’ I got up to go, and then I stopped, and I looked at him and came back. I gave him a big hug, and a kiss, and I said, ‘Thank you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me.’

  • “He’s special,” says Lasseter. “It’s funny, there’s a little group of people who were very close to Steve up until the very end. And we all miss him very much. I was at Laurene’s birthday party [in November 2013], her fiftieth birthday, in San Francisco. I got there a bit early, and Tim came in. He came over and we started talking, and of course we started talking about Steve. I said, ‘Do you miss him? I really miss Steve.’ And I showed him this,” says Lasseter, pointing to the favorites list on his iPhone. “I still have Steve’s number on my phone. I said, ‘I’ll never be able to take that out.’ And Tim took out his iPhone and showed me—he still had Steve’s number in his phone, too.”
    未曾舍得拿掉的号码,好忧伤

  • “LIFE SHOULD BE about renewal and growth,” says Jim Collins. “Most great leaders don’t start out that way, they grow into it. And that’s what Steve did. I don’t see it as a success story, but a growth story. I wish I could have seen Steve Jobs 3.0. Seeing him from age fifty-five to seventy-five would have been fascinating. If you’re in good health at that age, 3.0 should be the best. But we don’t get to see that.”

  • “There are three things you need to be considered a truly great company,” Collins continues, switching gears to Apple. “Number one, you have to deliver superior financial results. Number two, you have to make a distinctive impact, to the point where if you didn’t exist you couldn’t be easily replaced. Number three, the company must have lasting endurance, beyond multiple generations of technology, markets, and cycles, and it must demonstrate the ability to do this beyond a single leader. Apple has numbers one and two. Steve was racing the clock [to help it get number three]. Whether it has lasting endurance is the final check, something we won’t know for some time. There are lots of good people there, and maybe they’ll get it.”

  • STEVE DIED ON Tuesday, October 5, 2011. There were three services after his death. He was buried on October 8, with some three dozen people attending, including four Apple employees—Tim Cook, Katie Cotton, Eddy Cue, and Jony Ive—along with board members Bill Campbell and Al Gore, Bob Iger, John Doerr, Ed Catmull, Mike Slade, Lee Clow, the four children and Laurene and some members of her extended family, his sisters Patty and Mona Simpson. They gathered at Alta Mesa Memorial Park in Palo Alto, and walked on tatami mats to, and then around, Steve’s coffin. Several of the mourners spoke, and some read poetry. After the ceremony the group repaired to John Doerr’s house to reminisce.

  • On October 17, several hundred people attended a memorial service at the Memorial Church on Stanford University’s campus. The iPhone 4S had been introduced two days earlier, in the company’s first public event after Steve’s death, with presale orders that exceeded those of any previous model. The memorial service was an invitation-only event, and the guests ranged from his closest friends and family to the Clintons, Bono, Rahm Emanuel, Stephen Fry, Larry Page, Rupert Murdoch, and John Warnock, the Adobe cofounder. Bono and the Edge from U2 performed Steve’s favorite Dylan song, “Every Grain of Sand”; Joan Baez sang “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot”; and Mona Simpson read a moving tribute about Steve on his deathbed. Larry Ellison and Jony Ive also made remarks. Steve’s daughter Erin lit the candles at the beginning of the service, while the other children all spoke: Reed read his own thoughts, Lisa read a poem, and Eve read the text of “Think Different.” It was, despite the number of people there, a deeply intimate and emotional event, which opened with Yo-Yo Ma playing the prelude from Bach’s Cello Suite No. 1. Laurene’s own remarks about Steve were especially poignant:
    好忧伤

  • Steve and I met here, at Stanford, the second week I lived in California. He came here to give a talk, and afterwards we found each other in the parking lot. We talked until four in the morning. He proposed with a fistful of freshly picked wildflowers on a rainy New Year’s Day. I said yes. Of course I said yes. We built our lives together.
    He shaped how I came to view the world. We were both strong-minded, but he had a fully formed aesthetic and I did not. It is hard enough to see what is already there, to remove the many impediments to a clear view of reality, but Steve’s gift was even greater: he saw clearly what was not there, what could be there, what had to be there. His mind was never a captive of reality. Quite the contrary. He imagined what reality lacked, and he set out to remedy it. His ideas were not arguments but intuitions, born of a true inner freedom. For this reason, he possessed an uncannily large sense of possibility—an epic sense of possibility.
    Steve’s love of beauty—and his impatience with ugliness—pervaded our lives. Early on in our marriage we had long dinners with Mona and Richie. I remember a particularly wide-ranging discussion that lasted late into the night. As we were driving home, Steve launched into a devastating critique of the restaurant’s sconces. Mona agreed with his assessment. Richie and I looked at each other, whispering, “Is a sconce a light fixture?” No object was too small or insignificant to be exempt from Steve’s examination of the meaning, and the quality, of its form. He looked at things, and then he created things, from the standpoint of perfection.
    That could be an unforgiving standpoint, but over time I came to see its reasons, to understand Steve’s unbelievable rigor, which he imposed first and most strenuously on himself.
    He felt deeply that California was the only place he could live. It’s the slanting evening light on the hills, the palette, the fundamental beauty. In his very soul, Steve was a Californian. He required the liberty it afforded, the clean slate. He worked under the influence, and the inspiration, of the sublimity of the place. He needed to be refreshed by the primal rhythms of the natural world—the land, the hills, the oaks, the orchards. California’s spirit of newness invigorated him, and ratified his own spirit. Its scale is contagious: such natural grandeur is the perfect setting for thinking big. And he did think big. He was the most unfettered thinker I have ever known. It was a deep pleasure, and a lot of fun, to think alongside him.
    Like my children, I lost my father when I was young. It was not what I wanted for myself; it is not what I wanted for them. But the sun will set and the sun will rise, and it will shine upon us tomorrow in our grief and our gratitude, and we will continue to live with purpose, memory, passion, and love.
    写的好有真情实感!

  • Had I gone to the reception after the memorial service in the Rodin Sculpture Garden of the Cantor Arts Center, a short stroll from the Stanford Chapel, I would have received a copy of Paramahansa Yogananda’s book The Autobiography of a Yogi, which was handed to each guest, in brown paper wrapping. I also would have walked into a who’s who of Silicon Valley, a gathering of the men, and a smattering of women, who had started the PC and Internet revolutions. John Doerr, Eric Schmidt, and Michael Dell were there, and the younger generation was represented by Sergey Brin and Jerry Yang and Marc Andreessen. But the core members from Apple’s birth were there, too; Woz, Regis McKenna, Bud Tribble, Andy Hertzfeld, Bill Atkinson, and others. Lee Clow and James Vincent were there, as were NeXT veterans such as Susan Barnes and Mike Slade. The latter came with Bill Gates in tow.

  • “When Bill had gone to visit Steve at his house in May,” says Slade, “he got to know Steve’s youngest daughter, Evie, because both she and Bill’s daughter, Jennifer, do horse showing. After we got to this reception I kind of ditched Bill because I knew more people there than he does. I kind of felt bad, but I was like, oh, whatever, he’s a big boy. Half an hour goes by and I’ve lost track of him. So I went to find him. In the middle of the sculpture garden they had set up these really long couches in a rectangle where the family was. Laurene was there, and the kids were there. And that’s where Bill was, over on a couch, talking to Evie about horses. He just sat there and had been talking to her for a half an hour. He didn’t talk to anybody else.”
    Bill也是个性情中人,知道要多陪陪朋友的女儿
    他自己时间宝贵,却没有和任何其他人说话,没有social

  • THE LAST MEMORIAL service occurred at the Apple campus in Cupertino, on October 20. Nearly ten thousand people gathered on the lawn within the ellipse formed by the campus’s main buildings. Every Apple retail outlet around the globe had been closed for the occasion, with the store employees gathered to watch video of the event streamed live to them over Apple’s virtual network. Tim Cook was the first speaker. Coldplay and Norah Jones, whose music had been featured in Apple television advertisements, played short sets for the crowd. But two speakers provided the highlights: Jony Ive and Bill Campbell, the Apple board member who had been a close adviser of Steve for many, many years.
    看这些文字,仍然会感受到忧伤

  • “Steve changed,” said Campbell. “Yes, he had been charismatic and passionate and brilliant. But I watched him become a great manager. He saw things others couldn’t see. He dismissed as arrogant the tech leaders in the world who thought we were all stupid because we couldn’t use these devices. He said, ‘We’re stupid if they can’t use these devices.’ ” And then Campbell went on to address the Steve he had known personally. “In the last seven and a half years, as he became more vulnerable, he made sure that those he loved, those who were closest to him, knew it. To those people he exuded the phenomenal warmth and humor he shared. He was a true friend.”

  • Speaking later, Ive too talked about friendship. “He was my closest and most loyal friend. We worked together for fifteen years,” said the Brit, “and he still laughed at the way I said ‘aluminium.’ ” But mostly Ive talked about work, the pleasures of work, and the pleasures of working specifically with Steve. “Steve loved ideas and loved making stuff, and he treated the process of creativity with a rare and wonderful reverence. He, better than anyone, understood that while ideas ultimately can be so powerful, they begin as fragile, barely formed thoughts, so easily missed, so easily compromised, so easily just squished. His was a victory for beauty, for purity, and, as he would say, for giving a damn.”

  • The ceremony, which anyone can watch these days on their iMac or iPhone or iPad, or on their Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface if they prefer, was both sober and rousing. “Look right, look left, look ahead of you and behind you,” said Campbell. “You’re it. Results counted. You’re the people who made this happen.” It was an event that celebrated the past, and that also made clear, as Steve would have, that there was much still to be done. “We won’t keep you too long,” said Chris Martin, the lead singer of Coldplay, as they launched into a song to close the ceremony. “We know Steve would want you to get back to work.”

Popular posts from 产品随想的博客

《星际牛仔》-中日双字幕

Link: 1) https://www.zhengmianshang.me/cowboybebop/ 2) https://share.dmhy.org/topics/view/499861_MGRT_Cowboy_Bebop_BDrip_1080p_CB_20.html 3) https://futaacg.com/detail-554a3c442d0b65167485c344c9b47b3319d0be34.html

产品随想 | 周刊 第49期:直面真实的世界

Products The Best Bluetooth Speakers   https://www.wired.com/gallery/best-bluetooth-speakers 无法拒绝的优秀蓝牙音箱 自选基金助手   https://github.com/x2rr/funds 快速获取关注基金的实时数据,查看自选基金的实时估值情况 是个好工具,但我想说,其实基金不用实时盯着的,偶尔看看就好 Copy Book   https://github.com/praveenjuge/copybook/ 常用的英语产品文案,适合当小抄,非常有意思 Podcasts   https://podcasts.bluepill.life/ Chrome插件,最有价值的是,将播客,语音转文字 LetsMarkdown.com   https://github.com/Cveinnt/LetsMarkdown.com 在线,一起写Markdown 强词有理   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPiCc6nO4fybqE7MR7FpyZw/videos 他真的很认真地,在YouTube上讲建筑!果断关注 PlayCover   https://github.com/PlayCover/PlayCover Run iOS apps & games on M1 Mac with mouse, keyboard and controller support. 有预感,以后苹果自家系统级,也会有这样的支持出来 TypeLit.io   https://www.typelit.io/ Improve your typing online by practicing on your favorite literature. 非常有趣, 用公共领域版权的经典作品,来做打字训练 iHateRegex   https://github.com/geongeorge/i-hate-regex The code for iHateregex.io 😈 - The Regex Cheat Sheet “ don't just use; understand. ” ——作者这句话非常好,正则表达式,是我一直没能掌握的点 RealityScan   ht

八百元八核的服务器?二手服务器搭建指南

原文地址是 八百元八核的服务器?二手服务器搭建指南 ,对作者表示感谢 当你在花近万元剁手i7 5960x时,有没有想过,在华强北的某个角落,有一群人靠几百块收来的二手服务器配件,搭建了一台性能同等,甚至更强的服务器! 不知道有多少人还记得笔者之前发的贴子《 看我如何用一千块钱搭个八核十六线程、32G内存的工作站 》。笔者随意发(pian)了(dian)一(gao)帖(fei),没想到得到了近百条回复!毕竟是弄这一行的,想必各位对硬件兴♂趣肯定也不弱 。 上一贴中,笔者全程自嗨,展示了自己搭建二手服务器的全过程,不少同学看的云里雾里的,所以笔者便有了发这一贴的打算。 这一贴中,笔者将尽力系统地讲述捡垃圾的方法和值得剁手的配件,希望能给大家以启发,带大家搭建自己心仪的服务器。 首先,在看此帖之前,请确认你有攒机的经验和一颗经得起折腾的心(或者你很有钱)。 攒洋垃圾服务器的过程和普通电脑差不多(一般情况下),你只要有自己装机的经验即可。 长文、多图预警,不过建议认真读完全篇,这里面句句都是笔者摸爬滚打多年的经验。  目录: 1、捡垃圾概述 2、服务器CPU通览 3、配件(内存、硬盘)介绍 4、主板(含准系统)通览 5、LGA1366详述 6、LGA2011(含V1、V3)详述 7、笔者常用配置单介绍 8、800元8核搭建实战 由于全文太长,分成上、下两部分,前3章为上,重概念和基础知识;后5章为下,重实践。 注: 1、此文章的信息多是笔者的经验和各处收集所来,难免有错误和疏漏之处,还请各位不吝赐教。 2、文章部分内容和图片摘自互联网,如有侵权请联系笔者。 3、所有的价格信息来着2017年3月24日的 淘宝和华强北 报价。 概述 简介 “捡垃圾”,是对折腾各类二手服务器配件的戏称,而折腾这些的人也被称作为“垃圾佬”,由于大部分二手服务器配件来自万恶的资本主义国家,亦被称为“洋垃圾”。 洋垃圾来源 这些所谓的洋垃圾主要是从国外的服务器上拆机或从OEM的渠道流放出来的,商家直接从欧美日等发达国家购买,运回国内就进行销售(以货柜作为单位),然后进行分类卖给散户。 服务器市场配件往往是民用市场不可触及的高端,而且更新换代速度极快,这就造成了大量二手配件

产品随想 | 陪读《Make Something Wonderful:Steve Jobs in his own words》1976-1996

  There’s lots of ways to be, as a person. And some people express their deep appreciation in different ways. But one of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there. And you never meet the people. You never shake their hands. You never hear their story or tell yours. But somehow, in the act of making something with a great deal of care and love, something’s transmitted there. And it’s a way of expressing to the rest of our species our deep appreciation. So we need to be true to who we are and remember what’s really important to us. ──Steve, 2007 Introduction by Laurene Powell Jobs Much of what’s in these pages reflects guiding themes of Steve’s life: his sense of the worlds that would emerge from marrying the arts and technology; his unbelievable rigor, which he imposed first and most strenuously on himself; his tenacity in pursuit of assembling and leading great teams; and perhaps, above all, his

《一本书看透股权架构》

  2022.3.5 涉及的案例整理 海康威视(有限合伙妙用) 复星(金字塔) 《罗辑思维》(初始股权分配不合理) 一号店(同床异梦) 平安集团(进军互联网的操盘) 蚂蚁金服(有限合伙架构,钱权分离,GP出资少但四两拨千斤,高人!) 红星美凯龙(艰辛坎坷,初始股权不合理) 公牛(混合股权架构,很经典的民营企业家架构,如果加上信托更完美) 巨轮股份(“走出去”架构,收购全世界!) 龙湖地产(境外搭建的5层架构成为红筹架构之典范,关注顶层架构的信托) UC浏览器收购(VIE,税收追缴) 顺丰借壳(多元化很难做好) 麻辣诱惑(夫妻店的股权设计,高人!) 安井(与上下游合作的股权结构) 万科、碧桂园的跟投制度 周黑鸭(境外架构与龙湖地产很类似) 正荣地产 美图公司(VIE架构) 富贵鸟 自序 所有的股权架构中都藏着一个“隐形股东”——税务局! “税负考量”、“法律考量”是“哼哈二将” 打通法律、税务、财务、管理四门学科的边界 精选了小米、蚂蚁金服、碧桂园、顺丰控股、万科地产、海底捞、公牛集团等30家名企案例和126张股权架构图 第一部分顶层架构分为3章。24个核心持股比、分股不分权的7种方法、分股的“道”和“术” 第二部分主体架构分为6章。6种主体架构模型:有限合伙架构、自然人直接架构、控股公司架构、混合股权架构、海外股权架构、契约型架构 第三部分底层架构分为3章。3种模型:创新型子公司、复制型子公司和拆分型子公司 第四部分架构重组分为3章。拟上市型、家族传承型、被并购型3类企业 “我们以为在驾驭股权,其实是股权在驾驭我们。” 第一部分 顶层架构 第1章 解码24个核心持股比 将公司分成4类:有限公司、非公众股份公司、新三板公司[1]和上市公司。 [1] 属于非上市公众公司。 有限公司:股东是基于股东间的信任而集合在一起,股东间的关系较为紧密;股东人数有上限,不超过50人; 非公众股份公司:股份公司的股份转让没有限制。 新三板,即全国中小企业股份转让系统 第2章 分股不分权的7种方法 分“钱”而不分“权”,7种控制权设计工具。在实务中,应用频次排序依次为有限合伙企业>金字塔架构>一致行动人>委托投票权>公司章程控制>优先股>AB股模式。 有限合伙企业中,股东不是直接持股拟设立的核心公司 [1] ,而是先由股东搭建有限合伙企业作为持股平台,再由持股平台间接持有核心公司。 通过

产品随想 | 读《置身事内:中国政府与经济发展》 第四章至第六章

第四章 工业化中的政府角色 我国经济改革的起点是计划经济,所以地方政府掌握着大量资源(土地、金融、国企等),不可避免会介入实业投资。 经济学的数学模型和统计数据不是讲道理的唯一形式,也不一定是最优形式,具体的案例故事常常比抽象的道理更有力量,启发更大。(1)在行业或产业研究中,案例常常包含被模型忽视的大量重要信息,尤其是头部企业的案例。依赖企业财务数据的统计分析,通常强调行业平均值。但平均值信息有限,因为大多数行业“二八分化”严重,头部企业与中小企业基本没有可比性。财务数据也无法捕捉大企业的关键特征:大企业不仅是技术的汇聚点和创新平台,也是行业标准的制定者和产业链核心,与政府关系历来深厚复杂,在资本主义世界也是如此。 ──需要判断,而不仅仅是数据,具体工作中,亦如是 本章结构: 前两节是两个行业案例:液晶显示和光伏。 第三节介绍近些年兴起的政府产业投资基金,这种基金不仅是一种新的招商引资方式和产业政策工具,也是一种以市场化方式使用财政资金的探索。 第一节 京东方与政府投资 显示屏和电视,硬件成本近八成来自液晶显示面板。 2008年,面板行业由日韩和中国台湾企业主导,大陆企业的市场占有率可以忽略不计。2012年,我国进口显示面板总值高达500亿美元,仅次于集成电路、石油和铁矿石。 ──原来液晶面板,也曾被如此卡脖子 在显示面板企业的发展过程中,地方政府的投资发挥了关键作用。以规模最大也最重要的公司京东方为例,其液晶显示面板在手机、平板电脑、笔记本电脑、电视等领域的销量近些年来一直居于全球首位。(2)根据其2020年第三季度的报告,前六大股东均是北京、合肥、重庆三地国资背景的投资公司,合计占股比例为23.8%。其中既有综合类国资集团(如北京国有资本经营管理中心),也有聚焦具体行业的国有控股集团(如北京电子控股),还有上一章讨论的地方城投公司(如合肥建投和重庆渝富)。投资方式既有直接股权投资,也有通过产业投资基金(见本章第三节)进行的投资。 ──非常典型的案例,学习之 大陆花了近20年才让彩电工业价值链的95%实现了本土化,但由于没跟上液晶显示的技术变迁,一夜之间价值链的80%又需要依赖进口。 ──创新跟不上的代价,又是新的15年 2001年至2006年,三星、LG、奇美、友达、中华映管、瀚宇彩晶等六家主要企业,在韩国和中国台湾召开了共计53次“晶体会议”,协商作价和联合

滑雪小知识──关于雪具、雪场的选择

护具里面:护臀是穿给缆车的,护膝是穿给自己的,护甲是穿给鱼雷的。雪镜是必须的,镜片要尽量选择增透,国内雪场背阴的情况要多于正阳直晒的情况,因为这样可以减少雪的蒸发。所以偏振的增透的会比金属镀膜高光的更实用,当然选择一款变色的或者是多镜片的也可以 带雪镜尽量不要带近视眼镜在里面,非常的危险。带隐形眼镜是好选择。那种专门卡雪镜里面的蝴蝶镜架也不是个很好的选择,在受到撞击以后,近视镜,蝴蝶镜都会第一时间冲击你的鼻梁,我已经见过好几个摔跤鼻梁划破的,都是带眼镜造成的 如果你一定要带,那么选择专门能够带近视镜的雪镜,那样的雪镜的特点是视野在眼镜两侧有增加,不会因为眼镜框影响视野,UVEX就有这样的款式 作者:奥玛 链接:https://www.zhihu.com/question/20741286/answer/57935582 来源:知乎 著作权归作者所有。商业转载请联系作者获得授权,非商业转载请注明出处。 1. 崇礼: 行:开车就不说了,注意张承高速入口不远的张家口服务区过了以后的那个摄像头,限速80。冬奥会修条绕开八高的高速,北京人的和路过北京的人的福音。北京的话有长途车直达崇礼,雪季还有山脉捷运中巴可以选择。而且北京俱乐部活动几乎每周都有。外地的目前是可以先到张家口,然后打车或者坐长途中巴,大巴。从火车站到长途车站很折腾。冬奥会有城际快速铁路绕过张家口直达太子城奥运村,但是离崇礼县城还有20公里。奥运村有到崇礼县城的直通车,不过也挺折腾。 住:崇礼现成满眼都是宾馆,普遍价格目前还不离谱。还有很多家庭旅馆,(小广告)我的好朋友小娇家庭旅馆是我很推荐的,干净,方便(你拎着雪具爬一楼方便,还是没电梯的6楼方便?),吃的好,小娇人很仗义,来的都是老客户,关系处的非常好。另外崇礼县城的一些连锁快捷酒店也都有,汉庭,格林豪泰。你也可以住雪场,长城岭宾馆很干净,出门就是长城岭雪场,吃的都是运动员餐特香。你还可以住云顶,如果不差钱,那个是5星国际标准大酒店,除了服务不是。吃的也很好,出门也是雪道。你还可以住万龙酒店,性价比挺高,晚餐有著名的万龙自助餐,感觉像在北京吃金钱豹,不过寿司生鱼片去得晚了下手慢了就没了。多乐美地公寓也挺好,那个是青年旅社形式的,上下铺很热闹。 吃:羊肉好吃,涮的烤的,人多就来一只烤全羊吧。莜面也不错,少吃,不好消化。蘑菇特鲜美,都是当地采摘

产品随想 | 读秦晖《走出帝制》:第一至第五章

  第一章 ”演员“越来越清晰,”剧本“越来越模糊 孙中山先生临终的遗嘱也说是“革命尚未成功,同志仍需努力”,可见革命后的现实的确是令人失望。如果把革命当作富国强兵的手段,革命后的民国年间显然没能实现这个目的。如果把革命当作制度的更替,那么帝制虽然废除,民主却未能建立,无论是军阀割据,还是一党专政,显然都大有违于辛亥时贤的初衷。当初的民主派固不待言,就是立宪派,乃至保皇派,也都既不希望看到军阀割据,也不希望看到一党专政的。 ──秦晖老师,开篇正文第2页,就已扔下如此之言,读来酣畅淋漓! 汉景帝:“食肉不食马肝,不为不知味;言学者无言汤武受命,不为愚” ──哈哈,你们文人别说了,谈谈风花雪月!谈谈现世安好! 于是当时的人们就认真讨论了我们要引进的作为好东西的现代”政党“与传统时代的坏东西”会党“、 ”朋党“有何区别。诸如政党是公民以政见认同为纽带的自由结社,会党是要宣誓效忠、贼船能上不能下的依附性组织;”朋党是专制政治的产物,政党是民主政治的产物“;政党只要求彼此政见相合,而会党则要求党员忠于党魁个人;政党是议院中”明目张胆主张国是者“,而朋党是”鼠伏狐媚以售其奸“的秘密组织;政党是多元的,”足以并立,而不能相灭“,朋党、会党则是倾轧无度、不共戴天、你死我活的;如此等等 ──没想到100年前的先辈,已辨析如此之深,我等羞愧 清末朝廷想搞的是”日本式立宪“,当然,这里指的不是战后日本那种保留了天皇的民主制,而是明治维新建立的”皇道“政体,就是明治时期那样把权力从诸侯(诸藩)那里收归中央,以强化天皇的权力,即所谓”大政奉还“”废藩置县“,在中国人看起来就像是”西化“形式下的一次”周秦之变“,即从”封建“变成真正的帝制,使天皇从类似中国古代周天子式的”虚君“变成秦始皇式拥有实权的”实君“。 ──一针见血,清朝追求的其实只是个”立宪“壳子,假的 正是立宪派与革命派加上中国传统的反对势力(会党、民变乃至朝廷内部尾大不掉的军阀政客之类)汇成大潮一齐“动蛮”,造成了清朝的垮台 第二章 ”改朝换代“与君主和平立宪的可能性问题 ──”封建“与帝制的比较 后来立宪英国更是接连出了两个”外族王朝“,即源于德国的汉诺威王朝和萨克森-科堡-哥达王朝,当时”德国人“乔治一世国王因不会讲英语而不愿出席枢密院会议,形成惯例后使枢密院脱离国王干预而演变成后来的内阁。 我们看看世界上成功通过君主立宪建立

产品爱好者周刊 第12期:每月读10本书

Products https://github.com/rumsystem/quorum 霍矩发起的开源区块链项目,期望能成 Vvebo:第三方iPhone微博客户端 Ideas 中国房子既想去库存, 又不想降房价, 是否有点矛盾?: https://project-gutenberg.github.io/Pincong/post/9ad409752769a7fb74914f46bb50b4d9/ 关于中国楼市去库存的一些讨论,非常有意思,其中关于中央政府、地方政府、开发商、金融银行机构、购房者关系的描述、大城市房价缓慢上涨给中小城市去库存争取时间 https://project-gutenberg.github.io/Pincong/post/257ce84c1d1084f9c417b8ece2d953ea/ “政法”:“法律是为政治服务的” 非常可怕的论点 Outside interests 有什么适合大声朗读、文笔优美的英文散文? - 知乎 https://www.zhihu.com/question/35250665 回答里面,有些是满满的回忆 有些城市的灯光偏白偏冷,如上海、东京;而有些城市的灯光偏黄偏暖,如纽约、伦敦。为什么? - 法棍卡玩设计的回答 - 知乎 https://www.zhihu.com/question/441971760/answer/1708096368 《玻璃心》MV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rp7UPbhErE 结合Wiki食用,更佳 唐朝:每个月读5-6本书(真心羡慕) 他变化的书单里,可以看到基本是随着当下的时事热点选书的。比如恒大近期事件,看了《我在碧桂园的1000天》(碧桂园财务总监的书)、《置身事内》(将中央与地方关系,土地财政) 唐朝:仅会考虑2017年以前建成的房产,新房或二手均可 原因是:2017年开始,新房限价,市场开始火爆到抢房的境界。经济学常识告诉我2017年以后建设的房子,质量低劣的概率更大 Business & Market data 北京环球影城,首旅集团占股70%,所以很多时候吐槽的高昂票价,被自己人拿走很多。 蔡崇信:台北长大!13 岁美国念书,爸爸也是耶鲁毕业,他本人是加拿大台湾双重国籍 中央在税收里很大部分,是增值税和所得税,其它部分都在地方